Dr. Katie Burkhouse (Ph.D.) at The University of Illinois at Chicago is conducting a research study on mothers and their daughters. In this study, we are looking at brain responses to emotional information among mothers and their daughters. The study hopes to learn how mothers’ and their daughter’s moods can affect each other.
You may be eligible if you:
1. Are 18-65 years old and female.
2. Have a biological daughter who is between 12 and 16 years of age.
If you are eligible and agree to participate you and your daughter will undergo:
1. Psychiatric Interviews.
2. Electroencephalogram (EEG) assessment to non-invasively measure brain function.
3. Functional MRI scans to non-invasively measure brain function.
4. Survey responses on a cell phone app for a period of 10 days (daughter only).
5. A packet of questionnaires every 6 months over a period of 18 months.
Interested volunteers should have no metal parts in their body and no major medical or neurological illness.
Volunteers taking certain medications that affect the brain may not qualify for the study. Participants should not be pregnant or trying to become pregnant. This study involves a time commitment of approximately 10-11 hours over a total of 2-3 visits.
Families will be compensated up to $279 for their time. All information you give is confidential.
Please call or email for more information:
EMAIL: motherdaughteruic [dot] edu
ONLINE SURVEY: https://is.gd/MADSsurvey
Please specify that you are calling about the Mother-Daughter Study.
- Expiration Date:Tuesday, June 01, 2021