- Assistant Professor, Clinical Psychiatry
- Associate Director, Comprehensive Assessment Treatment Unit (CATU)
- Director, Child Psychiatry Consult-Liaison
- Consultant, DCFS Psychopharmacology Consent Line
- Child Psychiatry Attending
- echarney [at] uic.edu
- (312) 996-2064
- (312) 355-4230
Institute for Juvenile Research (IJR)
1747 W. Roosevelt Rd.
Chicago IL 60612
- Room #:IJR 138/ UIH 8EAP
Dr. Elizabeth Charney currently directs the Child Psychiatry Consult-Liaison service which provides psychiatric evaluations for children and adolescents hospitalized at UIH.
Dr. Charney is also involved in the DCFS supported inpatient adolescent psychiatric unit at UIH and serves as a consultant to the DCFS Psychopharmacology Consent Line. She supervises trainees treating hospitalized youth who present with psychiatric symptoms. Dr. Charney does not accept outpatient referrals.