- Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry/Clinical Psychologist
- Department of Psychiatry
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- calee [at] uic.edu
- (312) 413-2985
Institute for Juvenile Research (IJR)
1747 W. Roosevelt Rd.
Chicago IL 60612
- Room #:192
Dr. Christine Lee earned her PhD in clinical psychology from the University of Kentucky, specializing in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and their peer problems. Her residency in pediatric psychology was completed at Geisinger and her fellowship in consultation-liaison work was completed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. Additionally, she has experience working in higher levels of care, such as crisis services, the Emergency Department, and Intensive Outpatient Programs. Her current interests focus on collaborating with children, adolescents, families, and young adults with ADHD and comorbid disorders, particularly in racial/ethnic minority populations. She uses a behavioral parent training approach for treatment as well as cognitive behavior therapy and dialectical behavior therapy influences.
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, comorbidity, Asian Americans
- Lee, C.A., Goh, P.K., Shelton, C.R., & Hartung, C.M. (2022). Networks of ADHD and SCT Symptoms in Emerging Adulthood. Journal of Attention Disorders, 26, 991-1000. doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/10870547211045743
- Goh, P. K., Smith T. E., Lee, C. A., Bansal, P. S., Eng, A. G., & Martel, M. M. (2021). Etiological networks of ADHD: A simultaneous examination of temperament traits and executive function. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1080/15374416.2021.1946820
- Goh, P.K., Lee, C.A., Martel, M. M., Fillmore, M. T., Derefinko, K.J., & Lynam, D.R. (2020). A network approach to the UPPS-P model of impulsive personality: Stability and validity across young adulthood. Journal of Personality, 88, 1302-1314. doi: 10.111/jopy.12572
- Goh, P.K., Lee, C.A., Martel, M.M., Karalunas, S.K., & Nigg, J.T. (2020). Subgroups of childhood ADHD based on temperament traits and cognition:
- Concurrent and predictive validity. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 48, 1251-1264. doi: 10.1007/210802-020-00668-x
- Bansal, P.S., Goh, P.K., Lee, C.A., & Martel, M.M. (2020). Conceptualizing callous-unemotional traits in preschool through confirmatory factor and network analysis. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 48, 539-550. doi: 10.1007/s10802-019-00611-9
- Goh, P.K., Lee, C.A., Bansal, P.S., Aguerrevere, L.E., Rucker, A.T., & Martel, M.M. (2019). Interpretability and validity of a bifactor model of ADHD in young adults: Assessing the general “g” and specific IA and HI factors. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 42, 222-236. doi: 10.1007/s10862-019-09774-7
- Lee, C.A., Milich, R., Lorch, E.P., Flory, K., Owens, J.S., Lamont, A.E., & Evans, S.W. (2018). Forming first impressions of children: The role of ADHD symptoms and emotion dysregulation. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 59, 556-564. doi: 10.1111/jcpp.12835
- Lee, C.A., Derefinko, K.J., Davis, H.A., Milich, R., & Lynam, D.R. (2017). Cross-lagged relations between motives and substance use: Can use strengthen your motivation over time? Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 178, 544-550. doi: 10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2017.05.027
- Lee, C.A., Derefinko, K.J., Milich, R., Lynam, D., & DeWall, C.N. (2017). Longitudinal and reciprocal relations between delay discounting and crime. Personality and Individual Differences, 111, 193-198. doi: 10.1016/j.paid.2017.02.023 10. Smith, T.E., Lee, C.A., Martel, M.M., & Axelrad M.E. (2016). ODD symptom network during preschool. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 45, 743-748. doi: 10.1007/s10802-016-0196-y
- Martel, M.M., Levinson, C.A., Lee, C.A., & Smith, T. E. (2016). Impulsivity as core to the developmental externalizing spectrum. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 45, 83-90. doi: 10.1007/s10802-016-0148-6
- Brown, C.S. & Lee, C.A. (2014). Impressions of immigration: Comparisons between immigrant and non-immigrant children’s immigration beliefs. Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy, 15, 160-176. doi: 10.1111/asap.12067
- Lee, C.A. & Milich, R. (2019). Inattention and hyperactivity. In S. Hupp (Ed.), Pseudoscience in child and adolescent psychotherapy (pp. 50-65). Cambridge, United Kingdom: Cambridge University.
- Martel, M.M., Smith, T., & Lee, C.A. (2019). Personality development and externalizing psychopathology. In R. Shiner, J. Tackett, & D. McAdams (Eds.), Handbook of Personality Development (pp. 534-550). New York, NY: Guilford.
- Martel, M.M., Goh, P.K., Smith, T.E., & Lee, C.A. (2018). Developmental pathways. In M.M. Martel (Ed.), Disruptive, impulse-control, and conduct disorders: Features, assessment, pathways, and intervention (pp. 299-314). Cambridge, MA: Academic Press.