Event InfoCategory Date and Time
- Wednesday, April 28, 2021
- 01:00 PM - 02:00 PM
- The Role of Clinical Informatics in Psychiatry
John Zulueta MD
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- Online - via Zoom
- Alexandria C. Springer
- (312) 413-0997
- aspring1 [at] uic.edu
Register in advance for this meeting:
Dr. Zulueta received his medical degree from Northwestern University. He completed his psychiatry residency training at UIC and stayed on to complete a fellowship in clinical informatics.
He is interested in the application of new technologies and data science to the problems of psychiatry.
Psychiatrists, Neurologists, and other affiliated professionals interested in mental health
To provide current information on research, treatment, and policy issues relating to psychiatry and its adjunct fields
- Distinguish clinical informatics from other informatics fields and define its scope
- Explain what factors should be taken into account when attempting to leverage technology such as electronic health record systems to improve clinical care
- Describe the regulatory environment of mental health apps and the resources available for clinicians and patients to select useful apps.
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1credit AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Education Units (1) will be available for Social Workers and affiliated reciprocal agencies. Illinois Board License number 159-000112.
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Illinois at Chicago is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Illinois at Chicago maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This event is 1 credit hour continuing education.
No member of the planning committee for this activity have reported a relevant relationship with a commercial interest. There is no conflict of interest and nothing to disclose.
Dr. John Zulueta has no relevant financial relationship with commercial interests related to this CME activity.