Event InfoCategory Date and Time
- Wednesday, June 05, 2019
- 01:00 PM - 02:00 PM
- "Is There a Role for the Ketogenic Diet in Psychiatry?"
Tammy Tamayo MD PhD
- Attending Psychiatrist, Jesse Brown VA Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Neuropsychiatric Institute (NPI)
- 912 S. Wood St.
- Chicago IL 60612
- 765 (Auditorium)
Psychiatrists, Neurologists, and other affiliated professionals interested in mental health
To provide current information on research, treatment, and policy issues relating to psychiatry and its adjunct fields
- To appreciate the wide indications of a ketogenic diet
- To become familiar with the literature that describes mechanisms of the ketogenic diet
- To understand how the ketogenic diet is practiced and how to adjust management for patients who subscribe to the ketogenic way of eating
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1credit AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Education Units (1) will be available for Social Workers and affiliated reciprocal agencies. Illinois Board License number 159-000112.
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Illinois at Chicago is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Illinois at Chicago maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This event is 1 credit hour continuing education.
No member of the planning committee for this activity have reported a relevant relationship with a commercial interest. There is no conflict of interest and nothing to disclose.
Dr. Tamayo has no relevant financial relationship with commercial interests related to this CME activity.