Event InfoCategory Date and Time
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- 01:00 PM - 02:00 PM
- Impact of Sexual Harassment During Medical Training
Ann Franco Chakkalakal MD
- Compass Health Center and Private Practice
- School of Public Health / Psychiatric Institute (SPHPI)
- 1601 W. Taylor St.
- Chicago IL 60612
- 109 (Auditorium)
Dr. Ann Franco Chakkalakal grew up in Hill Country, Texas. Dr. Chakkalakal obtained a Bachelor of Science from the University of Houston, majoring in Biology and minoring in Italian Studies. She attended medical school at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. She subsequently moved to Chicago for her residency training. She is currently Co-Chief Resident at the UIC Adult Psychiatry Program as a well as a Resident Physician member of the GMEC Committee for UIC Hospital.
Psychiatrists, Neurologists, and other affiliated professionals interested in mental health
To provide current information on research, treatment, and policy issues relating to psychiatry and its adjunct fields
- Understand the definition of sexual harassment, the types of sexual harassment behavior, and the prevalence, and the obstacles that exist in recognizing the behavior as well as reporting.
- Understand the impact sexual harassment has on career trajectory, access to career development opportunities, and motivation for leadership roles. In particular, the association of sexual harassment on burnout and its effect on professional identity as well as mental health in trainees.
- Discuss current actions utilized for prevention and breaking the silence, recognize improving principles in addressing this behavior as well as enforcing proactive policies targeting systemic cause.
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1credit AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Education Units (1) will be available for Social Workers and affiliated reciprocal agencies. Illinois Board License number 159-000112.
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Illinois at Chicago is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Illinois at Chicago maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This event is 1 credit hour continuing education.
No member of the planning committee for this activity have reported a relevant relationship with a commercial interest. There is no conflict of interest and nothing to disclose.
Dr. Chakkalakal has no relevant financial relationship with commercial interests related to this CME activity.