Our MINDS (Multifaceted Investigation of the Neurobiology of Depression Subtypes) research study (IRB 2012-0568) is currently recruiting individuals between the ages of 18-23, both those with and without past experiences of depression. Participants must be free of mood and/or anxiety medications, but hormonal birth control is all right. NO medication or therapy will be provided to either participant group and the study is purely observational.
The study is a year long and involves:
- A clinical interview
- A brief parent/guardian phone interview.
- A physical assessment involving a blood draw for genetics and a urine drug/pregnancy (females) test.
- Two sets of cognitive testing.
- Two functional MRIs.
- Questionnaires every 2 months after the end of the visits.
- A follow-up phone interview at one year.
All visits take place on UIC's west campus.
Monetary compensation is provided based upon number of visits completed. Please call or email if you would like to hear more about the study or if you are interested in participating.