Director: Fedra Najjar, MD
Time: Monday afternoons
- To provide psychiatric care for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- To assess as objectively as possible the effect of different medications on symptoms by using empirical instruments
- To provide education to trainees regarding the phenomenology, diagnosis, and treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorder
1. The patient has an autism spectrum disorder including:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Asperger’s syndrome
- Pervasive Developmental Disorder, Not Otherwise Specified
2. The patient is between the age of 3 and 17 years of age
- Initial visits will be one hour in length. On the first visit, the patient and caretakers will be instructed to arrive approximately twenty minutes before the appointment time in order to fill out a number of scales and instruments that will be used to assess symptoms (and subsequently to assess change).
- Follow up visits will be thirty minutes. The patients may need to fill out symptoms assessment instruments.