CARE will also utilize an outreach community program (Community coordinator- Dr. Marc Atkins dept. Psychiatry UIC) to disseminate scientific knowledge of alcoholism to the general public.
CARE will provide resources and a scientifically enriched environment for training opportunities -co-ordinated by Dr. Mark Rasenick, dept. of Biophysics and Physiology and Psychiatry UIC.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/
- Research Society on Alcoholism (RSA) http://www.rsoa.org/
- Society for Neuroscience http://www.sfn.org/
- UIC Graduate Program in Neuroscience http://www.uic.edu/depts/neurosci/
- UIC Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) http://chicago.medicine.uic.edu/mstp
- Jesse Brown VA Medical Center http://www.chicago.va.gov/
CARE Cores include:
Administrative core: Director, Dr. Subhash Pandey dept. of psychiatry UIC; Scientific Director, Dr. Alessandro Guidotti dept. of psychiatry UIC.
Epigenetic core: PI, Dr. Dennis Grayson, dept. of psychiatry UIC, Sequencing –in charge-Dr. Alvaro Hernandez and Bioinformatics-in charge-Dr. Victor Jongeneel, Roy J. Carver Biotechnology Center of UIUC. Dr. Dulal Bhaumik dept. of psychiatry UIC will serve as a biostatistician.