Directions to the UIC-Department of Psychiatry
912 S. Wood Street, Chicago, IL 60612
From the North, take I-90/94 (Kennedy Expressway) to I-290 West (Eisenhower Expressway).
From the South, take I-90/94 (Dan Ryan Expressway) to I-290 West (Eisenhower Expressway).
From the West, From the West, take I-290 (Eisenhower Expressway) eastbound.
- Exit the Eisenhower Expy at Ashland/Paulina.
- Turn south onto Ashland Avenue. Continue south on Ashland to Taylor Street.
- Turn west (right) onto Taylor. Continue west on Taylor to Wood Street.
- We are located just north of Taylor, on Wood Street.
- The nearest Parking is on Wood Street, just south of Taylor. An additional Parking structure is located on the corner of Taylor and Paulina (one block east of Wood).
Directions (Google Maps): To this Site | From this Site
Via CTA subway or Elevated Train
- Take any subway train to either the Randolph & Dearborn (Blue line) or the State & Randolph (Red Line) station OR any elevated train line (Green or Brown Lines) to the Lake & Clark station.
- Transfer to the Pink Line train which runs on the elevated Loop tracks. If you are in the Subway, leave the station and exit either at Randolph Street (Blue line) or at Lake Street (Brown or Green line).
- From the Brown or Green line, transfer to the Pink Line at the Lake & Clark Station.
- From either subway train, walk to the intersection of Lake and State street and take the stairs up to elevated Loop trains.
- Take the Pink Line 54/Cermak train to the Polk Street (Medical Center) stop.
- Walk west (turn left) on Street to Wood Street 500 feet, cross the street.
- Walk south (turn left) on Wood Street one block.
Via CTA bus
Take the #37 Sedgwick Bus (from the North Side) or the #9 Ashland Bus (from the South Side) to Taylor Street.
Walk west on Taylor Street to Wood Street.
Walk north on Wood Street
Via CTA train and bus from Midway Airport
Take the Orange Line train from Midway Airport to the Ashland stop.
On Ashland Avenue take the northbound #9 Ashland bus to Taylor Street.
Walk west on Taylor to Wood Street.
Walk north on Wood Street.
CTA Trip Planner