Psychiatry Medical Student Education
- Geri Fox MD, Director of Psychiatry UGME
- Sean Blitzstein MD, Associate Director and M-3 Clerkship Director
- Birute Pabedinskas MA, Associate Director (Administrative)
- To provide excellence in psychiatry education for all medical students
- To ensure that all of our future physicians, regardless of their ultimate chosen specialty, learn the fundamentals of psychiatry
- To provide advanced elective experience for students choosing other fields (e.g. pediatricians wanting child and adolescent psychiatry training)
- To identify and mentor students interested in psychiatry, and recruit talented future clinician-educators and researchers into the field of psychiatry and subspecialties
- Medical School Overview
- UI-COM is the largest public medical school in the country (1300 students) and trains one in six Illinois physicians.
- Four campuses: Chicago, Rockford, Peoria, and Urbana-Champaign
- The Chicago campus (UIC-COM) is the largest site, serving ~ 800 students in the four-year curriculum.
- Medical student training in psychiatry is coordinated across the four campuses by the Psychiatry ECCC