The UIC Women’s Clinic is an Outpatient Clinic, with the following Clinical Operations:
- The Women's Mental Health Clinic, which has a focus on medication management, operates on Mondays from 1:00pm to 6:00pm (only hours of operation) with the following schedule:
- 1:00pm to 2:00pm - Reserved for intake
- 2:00pm to 4:00pm - Medication follow-up appointments
- Maximum of 30 minutes per follow-up appointment
- 4:00pm-5:00pm - Clinic supervision
- 5:00pm to 6:00pm - Completing tasks that arise in the Clinic
This clinic is mainly comprised of an Attending Psychiatrist, a Women's Fellow, Psychiatry Residents, Medical Students, and a Social Worker.
- Tuesday is the OBGYN Intake Clinic from 9:00am to 11:30am
- This Clinic is responsible for helping patients with psychiatric concerns that are referred from the OBGYN service at UIC. It is comprised of a Women's Fellow and Psychiatry Residents, and occasionally a 4th year medical student (with supervision from an attending psychiatrist). If a follow-up is indicated, patients are referred to the Women's Mental Health Clinic.
Twice weekly, from 8:00am to 11:30am, a Psychiatry Resident is present at the Haymarket Treatment Center for consultation evaluation and potential referral to the Women's Mental Health Clinic for outpatient treatment, if follow up care is indicated. Haymarket Treatment Center is a location that specializes in treating pregnant women with substance abuse issues. At this time, the psychiatry resident goes to Haymarket on Wednesdays and Fridays.